Do you or a loved one suffer from damaged hair?
Is it Brittle, Dull, & out of control ?
Well have no fear, because you’re not alone my dear. Many of us fall victim to hair damage. Whether you have damaged or dry hair as a result of hair coloring, blow-drying straightening, or harsh hair products, they all have the same damaging effect. Now before you sprint to the nearest beauty supply store, & empty your wallet on the “best” products for your hair’s unfortunate situation, check your kitchen for these key ingredients that will help you make your own hot oil treatment from the comfort of your home.
- Virgin Olive Oil (Great Moisturizer , contains Vitamin E)
- Jojoba Oil ( moisturizes , adds softness & shine)
- Virgin Coconut Oil( considered an intensive moisturizer , also contains Vitamin E
- Avocado Oil (Contains Vitamin A,B ,D and E all great for hair)
- Almond oil ( Contains Omega vitamins which nourishes, softens and helps strengthen your hair)
- Grape-seed oil( rich in vitamin E and C)
Did you find any of them in your kitchen? Great! Now, you can try combining them all together, mix and match or use them separately. Personally, I love to live life on the edge, so I opt to combine them all.
Instructions for your Homemade Hot Oil Treatment! (( Hurraayy for you)))
- Find a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 2-3 of tbspn of your preferred oil into your microwave safe bowl. ~( Depending on the length of your hair, use your judgement on the amount of oil you want to apply. The idea is that your Hair must be saturated!)
- Stir the mixture of oils.
- Next, place the container in the microwave for 1-2minutes.
- Caution! It might be extremely CALIENTE! (HOT). So let it sit until you feel comfortable applying it on your hair!
- Unless you want oily hands, this is where you might want to find some disposable gloves! If you can’t find any, no worries. Your hand’s will benefit too.
- Distribute your hot oil treatment from your ends and work your way up to your scalp.
- Now I am pretty sure you don’t want to leave a trail of oil’s around your house! Make sure you find a plastic bag, plastic rap, or a shower cap and secure your hair in it!
- Depending on how damaged your hair is, the longer you leave it on the BETTER! Since my hair is horrific, I personally leave it on for 1hr -5 hrs. If your hair is so so- then 30 mins will do!
- Last but not least, shampoo your hair out with a mild shampoo and reap the benefits of your inexpensive at home hot oil treatment!
NOT DONE YET!!!!
Now, for the sharing is caring part.
If you know of a special concoction, such as a hair treatment that works for you, your sister, aunt, friend or neighbor, then share it!
Share your your hair remedies with me by emailing me at email@example.com. By spreading the word, we can dramatically improve the condition of our hair & learn from each other by simply taking the time to share our hair stories.